Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Port forwarding, NAT, public IP?

Scout

I have installed IP cameras at home and I have a big problem: it is imposible to get remote viewing. These are the main details:

• Three SIM prepay card.
  • 2G/3G/4G mobile modem/router.
  • Setup DYNDNS.ORG service without any issue (I can check in DynDNS if the modem/router is workink or not).
  • I tried with these APNs and allways happens the same: 3ireland.ie, 3Internet and open.internet.public
  • I can send emails, browse the Internet... so the SIM and the modem/router work fine.
  • I setup correctly the port forwarding and the NAT service in the router.
  • I can open the web server in the cameras and view the picture/video with no problem at all, but only when my PC is connected to the wifi generated by the router (so it is a "internal" connection, not trough the SIM data connection to Internet).
  • So if I use other LAN (i.e. my home LAN) it is totally impossible to connect with the cameras. It doesn't matter if I use the DynDNS domain or if I type in the browser the IP of the SIM.
  • Finally, I changed the SIM and tried with one from another company and all work fine with only one change: the APN.

Maybe Three is blocking the inbound traffic to the SIM or the port forwarding or the IP is not public, or...

Please, I need help to solve this trouble.

Thanks.

Re: Port forwarding, NAT, public IP?

Hi UMM 👋 I can look into this for you. Can you PM me your full name, SIM number, address and date of birth so I can access your account? Do you get an error message when you try remote viewing? 

Scout

I have a similar problem and I'm informed that I need to be assigned a dynamic public IP address. Does anyone know how to do this?

Highlighted

Legend
You will get a static public ip address but it will only be on 3g,if that's OK send a pm to the mods with your account details and request it

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Scout

Thanks Billbond4, Is it possible to get 4G using a public dynamic IP address

Legend
I don't think so at the moment, but if you ask a mod they may have more info for it about you

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

@shayaway if you're looking to set up a public APN you can send me a PM with the broadband number 👍 Happy to help!

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>