Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Old O2 SIM not working

Scout

Hi guys,

I have an O2 number for 10-15 years.   I moved abroad 5 years ago but returned to Ireland for business.

However, for the last year or so I hadn't used the SIM because my work changed.  I am now planning a return to Ireland and I inserted the SIM today to top-up.  Top-up failed twice (2 x 10 euro) saying the number was invalid. The money was taken off the account!!

I checked the SIM in the phone and it looks like I can't connect to any network while roaming here.

Can you please look into it?  I need my old number and I need to know where the 20 euro went.

Cheers

Neil

Re: Old O2 SIM not working

Hi Neil 👋 It sounds like you SIM has been deactivated due to in activity.  Can you PM me your full name, number, address and date of birth so I can access your account and look into this for you? Martin. 

Scout

Hi Martin,

I have a similar issue. My number has been inactive for 2.5 years while working abroad. I still have the old O2 sim and would like to keep old number?

Maestro

Hi @ciaran087, can you PM your details please and I'll check if the SIM is activate?

Scout

I have the similar issue with my o2 sim card.

I haven't used it for two years.

How can I reactivate it?

thank you in advance

3 Moderator

Hi oniszcz and welcome to 3Community! If a sim card is not used within 12 months, it can become deactivated. Can you send a private message with your mobile number, address, date of birth and I'll certainly check this out for you? 😊

Legend

To keep an number active you need to make a topup AND a chargeable action on the account i.e. send a text/make a call every 6 months.

Scout
hello. please can you help me reactivate my sim from o2 that has not been used in a while

3 Moderator

Hi @raphinox and welcome to 3Community! How long has it been since you last used your SIM card? If it hasn't been used in 12 months, the number will become deactivated due to non activity. 

Scout
it has been used and it works and akes calls. I just cant top it up online using the 3 website

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>