Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Old O2 SIM not working

Scout

Hi guys,

I have an O2 number for years. I moved abroad last year and am returning home soon. I inserted the SIM today to top-up and it looks like I can't connect to any network while roaming here.

Can you please look into it? I need my old number and need to top up soon

cheers,
bryan

Chosen Solution

Re: Old O2 SIM not working

Legend

You need to make a chargeable action on the sim every 6 months (make a call/send a text) and top-up to keep the number active.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Maestro

Hi Bryan, can you PM us your number, name, address and DOB? I'll check this out 👍

Legend

You need to make a chargeable action on the sim every 6 months (make a call/send a text) and top-up to keep the number active.

Highlighted

Scout

Hi,

I had a O2 number for many years and I didn't use the SIM for last 6.5 years as I'm away from Ireland. Is it possible to reactivate the same number? I have the old SIM card with me and it says deactivated when I put in a mobile phone.

3 Moderator

@Jagan Hi there 👋 If a SIM is inactive for 12 months it may close, but there is a way we can get it reactivated for you. If it's inactive for less than 6 months we would be able to do it for you. I've also received your PM so I'll pop back to you there now and we can look into this further. 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>