Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Old O2 SIM not working

Scout

Hi guys,

I have an O2 number for years. I moved abroad last year and am returning home soon. I inserted the SIM today to top-up and it looks like I can't connect to any network while roaming here.

Can you please look into it? I need my old number and need to top up soon

cheers,
bryan

Chosen Solution
Highlighted

Re: Old O2 SIM not working

Legend

You need to make a chargeable action on the sim every 6 months (make a call/send a text) and top-up to keep the number active.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic
Highlighted

Maestro

Hi Bryan, can you PM us your number, name, address and DOB? I'll check this out 👍

Highlighted

Legend

You need to make a chargeable action on the sim every 6 months (make a call/send a text) and top-up to keep the number active.

Highlighted

Scout

Hi,

I had a O2 number for many years and I didn't use the SIM for last 6.5 years as I'm away from Ireland. Is it possible to reactivate the same number? I have the old SIM card with me and it says deactivated when I put in a mobile phone.

Highlighted

3 Moderator

@Jagan Hi there 👋 If a SIM is inactive for 12 months it may close, but there is a way we can get it reactivated for you. If it's inactive for less than 6 months we would be able to do it for you. I've also received your PM so I'll pop back to you there now and we can look into this further. 

Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.