Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Not receiving automated texts

Lookout

Hello there,

My old phone recently broke, so I got a new one with a deal with Three to switch from another network to theirs to get a discount on some phones. I had to move my number over from Tesco Mobile to Three to get the deal to work so I still have the same number as before

I got the phone which is a Huawei P Smart and i thought it was great and all and when I put the number that came with the phone it seemed to work fine. I can receive regular calls and texts from different numbers and automated calls but not automated texts from Steam, Whatsapp etc.. The only few automated messages I did get were from Bank Of Ireland to activate my account.

Thanks in advance for any help. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Re: Not receiving automated texts

Sometimes when you end up using a second number in the phone, like the 083 number was the first number the phone had originally so it could be set up that way in your phone settings. Check there or in about phone option to make sure.the number showing is your Tesco number. Have you data turned on?
Highlighted

Lookout

I was using WiFi when I tried to receive the messages and mobile data was turned off. I've also tried it with mobile data

Highlighted

Try this link it helped me when I changed phones https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/iphone/20902747
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Lookout

Apologies for replying so late, but that doesn't work 

Highlighted

3 Community Manager
@Brundrz, I'll have it looked into for you. Send me a PM with the numbers you're not receiving texts from as well as dates and times. Please include your number, name,address and date of birth. Thanks'
Announcements

Three – Covid-19

In the interest of ensuring the health & safety of our employees, our contact support centres are open, however we currently have limited resources. This may cause higher than normal wait times.

Under the advice of the government, our stores remain open. We have enhanced cleaning in place and are strongly enforcing social distancing which we encourage our customers to respect. We have also reduced the opening hours in all our stores

Self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.

For more tips & information, please click here.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.