Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Not receiving any texts

[ Edited ]

Hi team,

Since a couple of months ago I stopped receiving text messages, be it automated or from friends. For example, I dont receive messages from my bank and I also can't pass VisaVerify because of that since they are sending texts with passwords. I've checked similar threads but none of them seem to offer a solution.

Could you check what's wrong? That's quite urgent as I can't make payments online because of that.

Thank you.

Luba

Re: Not receiving any texts

3 Moderator

Hey @smirnova_la 👋 Can you check your settings where your texts are and ensure that you don't have your texts blocked? Mairéad 

Hi Mairead,

No, I've checked all the possible settings - I only have the option for blocked contacts and there are none. This only started happening a couple of months ago, I wasn't changing any settings.

Highlighted

Pathfinder

What model of phone are you using @smirnova_la? Do you have any problems sending messages?

Hi Francis,

I sent an sms to my friend and she received it

Oh, and I am using NexusX

Pathfinder

The default messaging app may be different on your phone. Can I get to follow these steps to update it:

Settings -> Apps -> Tap the 'Gear' Icon -> Default Apps -> SMS App. The app it should be set at is 'Messaging''.

Let me know how you get on with that.

Did it - using the default "messages" app that I have on my phone (the only other available one is Messenger by Facebook, but I never used it for texts)

Can you PM me your full name, number, address and date of birth so I can access your account?

Done!
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>