Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Not receiving any texts

[ Edited ]

Hi team,

Since a couple of months ago I stopped receiving text messages, be it automated or from friends. For example, I dont receive messages from my bank and I also can't pass VisaVerify because of that since they are sending texts with passwords. I've checked similar threads but none of them seem to offer a solution.

Could you check what's wrong? That's quite urgent as I can't make payments online because of that.

Thank you.

Luba

Re: Not receiving any texts

3 Moderator

Hey @smirnova_la 👋 Can you check your settings where your texts are and ensure that you don't have your texts blocked? Mairéad 

Highlighted

Hi Mairead,

No, I've checked all the possible settings - I only have the option for blocked contacts and there are none. This only started happening a couple of months ago, I wasn't changing any settings.

Pathfinder

What model of phone are you using @smirnova_la? Do you have any problems sending messages?

Hi Francis,

I sent an sms to my friend and she received it

Oh, and I am using NexusX

Pathfinder

The default messaging app may be different on your phone. Can I get to follow these steps to update it:

Settings -> Apps -> Tap the 'Gear' Icon -> Default Apps -> SMS App. The app it should be set at is 'Messaging''.

Let me know how you get on with that.

Did it - using the default "messages" app that I have on my phone (the only other available one is Messenger by Facebook, but I never used it for texts)

Can you PM me your full name, number, address and date of birth so I can access your account?

Done!
Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon