Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

No services while roaming

Lookout

I travel in the EU a fair bit and my roaming (for data and for phonecalls) is getting worse and worse. It drops out for hours at a time and then reconnects without any recognisable pattern. Then drops out again. Then reconnects.

Sometimes manually changing networks gets it back for a while. Sometimes if I select a network that will work for my entire trip abroad. Sometimes that will drop out and I have to change back to the preferred network.

This time was the worst ever. I was in Spain and it worked for a while after I touched down and then - nothing. For the entire four-day visit I had zero connectivity - voice and data were both unavailable. I tried every single available network and none of them worked for me. I could make emergency-calls-only

It is a not a matter of settings on the phone. If it was data-roaming then obviously I could switch it on myself. Roaming doesn't just switch itself off-and-on at random. And if it was anything to do with data then I'd be able then I'd still be able to make calls. But I could only make emergency calls. But I *could* make emergency calls so it was definitely connecting to the networks.

So it would seem that the foreign networks are simply rejecting me for an unknown reason.

Re: No services while roaming

@Copper weird! youve selected bill pay board so i presume youre bill pay customer? for data/call/sms to work and then suddenly not are you sure you didn't hit credit limit? the thing about roaming issues is you have to contact when you are abroad so they can look at the connection. My advice is to come back here when you are abroad again and take a spare phne and sim with you just to rule out that. I have a bill pay and I have prepay sim as well which I bring with me when I'm on holidays to avoid the big bills and to have the back up.

Lookout

I am not billpay. Should I re-submit this question to the pay-as-you-go section?

No I think the mods will do that for you. Do you know if you reached 61.50 or used all your credit?
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Legend
Hmm it could be the phone, maybe the mods could reset the users profile as that may help also

Lookout

It isn't the credit. I've got it set up to automatically purchase more credit as-required. And I'm just back from the south of German and it was dropping in and out without any sort of identifiable pattern.

Sounds like phone or SIm then because you are able to connect but it's dropping. Wouldnt be account because if the roaming was not set up then you'd get nothing at all.

Legend
It could have been a roaming issue, are you still having problems?

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>