Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

No help from 3 support. Can't make any calls from Italy

Navigator

Hello guys,

you are my last chance after TWO WEEKS I've always been in chat with people from support who couldn't have been able to help me. Same on the phone.

By the way, I try to be as clear as possible. Two weeks ago I've bought a prepaid sim in Dublin store in front of St. Stephen's Green as I needed a +353 number as I live in Italy.

After 30 mins the sim has been activated and I could do pretty much anything: roaming ok, whatsapp ok, sms ok and receive calls ok. The fact that is driving me crazy is that I can't make any calls to any number. The message that runs is: "Three information. The number you've called is not correct. Please check the exact number". This is the first time ever I encountered a problem like this. I've tried everything: 00353, +353, nothing at all, switching off the 4g, switching off the automatic country code, everything.

The fact is that I CAN receive calls and I CAN send sms.

And the fact is that NOONE from support has been able to give me any type of answers, as attached.

Thank you guys if you have any clues.Screenshot_2019-05-31-09-27-11-791_com.android.mms.pngScreenshot_2019-05-31-09-27-15-850_com.android.mms.png

Re: No help from 3 support. Can't make any calls from Italy

You've an investigation open so best thing is to contact the mods here by pm. @Three_Susan was on yesterday. Send you number in a pm and see. Just to be clear cuz you've said roaming was ok..are you still in Ireland or back in Italy. If you bought the sim in Dublin and are still in Dublin then your sim isn't roaming.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

Hi @Lorenzo_Jack , I'm one of the Mods here and we've been looking out for a PM from you, as @Mac_n_cheese  mentioned. Is your data working? Are you in Ireland or Italy? If you haven't done so already, can you call an Irish number with just the mobile prefix, for example, 083XXXXXXX, 086 XXXXXXX, 087XXXXXXX and so on? Do you have credit to call off network numbers? 

Navigator
Hi guys, sorry for my late answer.

I'm still in Italy.

My data is working fine, I've already tried to call Irish numbers with just the mobile prefix and I do have credit on the sim card, 20€ when bought it.

Still no clues on why everything is working but the calls.

@Lorenzo_Jack okay so you're roaming in Italy using Three Ireland. Have you tried searching for a different network and tried to make calls then?
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Navigator
The only network available here for 3 is I wind. I 3 is not available, no troubles anyway as technical dept. told me that I Wind is the only network that actually works.

3 Community Manager

@Lorenzo_Jack  Hello, I've added the extra info that you gave me in PM to this investigation. I'll be keeping an eye on it here for you and will update you as soon as I know something 👍 

Navigator

Hello Deborah,

thank you. Please update me as soon as you know something because I'll be back to Ireland in August and I can't stay without making calls for months.

3 Moderator

Hi @Lorenzo_Jack I'm continuing to keep an eye on the track with our tech team and as soon as there's an update, I'll keep you posted here 👍

Highlighted

Navigator

Hi,

ok thanks. Any clues by the way from your technicians?

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>