Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

No coverage in the USA for prepay?

Lookout

I can't believe what I just read and hope I have simply misread it. THREE does not provide access while in the USA? I am going there in about 5 days. So the only thing to do is buy a prepay sim when there? So how do I check my phone calls for 3 weeks? I will be going there again for 9 weeks in October. I did see someone commenting that to look something up on a map on his phone cost him $20......but other than that, it appears that I see a LOT of people complaining they have no access once they arrive. WHAT is going on? I was on CHAT earlier this evening and I was told there would be no problem at all once I arrived. Now I am hearing the opposite. Very confusing. 

Chosen Solution

Re: No coverage in the USA for prepay?

Maestro

@MJF  Just send Susan a PM with your number , name, address and date of birth so she can open up that roaming on your Sim

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

3 Moderator

Hey @MFJ 👋 Welcome to our Community! We do have access to allow you to roam in the USA and you will be able to use your phone no problem over there 😊 However, the access is not included on your phone plan and you will be charged for data/calls and texts. You can check out more info on this here As the rate to access data is quite expensive, we do recommend turning off the data roaming before you leave Ireland. If your phone is unlocked, you can also purchase a SIM over thee and use that. I hope this helps! 

Maestro
Yeah make sure you know that there is a data limit of 61.50 euro which you could use very very quickly and that means once you hit that charge, you won't be able to use data
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Lookout

Susan - thanks for your reply, which was a lot better than the response I got when I phoned a Three shop this morning. How do I GET access? I went to the link but could not see how I arrange for it. Can I do it online? Do I need to go to a Three shop to have them do something to my phone? Am leaving late tonight and would love to know what to do. THANKS! 

Maestro

@MJF  Just send Susan a PM with your number , name, address and date of birth so she can open up that roaming on your Sim

Lookout

Thanks very much. Actually they reached out to me and it seems I am getting sorted!

Lookout

It's worth telling people that going on to 3Community should be the first choice with problems. The people on CHAT and in my local Three shop were not helpful at all. THanks to all of you for helping me out. Will let you know how it turns out. 

3 Moderator

@MJF Thanks so much for sending in that compliment. I'll pass it on to all those involved here. Have a lovely trip. 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>