Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

New dongle, my3 and passwords

Lookout
I received a new wifi dongle and trio sim yesterday. In the SMS part of the admin page it had messages saying I had requested a change of password and had registered for MY3 before I had even received it.
I phoned customer services who said they would cancel the my3 for that number. Now, I cannot register as it is already registered. I cannot change the password as the service is unavailable. I cannot buy a broadband package and I bought a credit which was used up within 1 hour. I'm not skint but I am not paying €15 euro for an hours usage at 600mb.
Now, how could there be password requests and a my3 registration before I received the dongle? So far I have used €30 in less than a day and I can't do anything to fix it.
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Chosen Solution

Re: New dongle, my3 and passwords

3 Community Manager

@drakshug That's doesn't sound right so I'd like to look at that myself and help you. Can you send me a PM with the new dongle number so I can get this sorted for you? Thanks'

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

My3 has nothing to do with the dongle, it's the SIM, are you using the same number?

Lookout
I need to register the number with my3 so I can buy a broadband package and check my credit etc.
If you read the post the number was already used to register with my3 before the postman delivered the dongle. If I can't register am I just supposed to top up without a prepay broadband package? That costs a fortune.

I read that part but the numbers are new so there's no way it should be registered. Did you just buy a new dongle? what I mean is were you already a customer using another dongle?

Lookout
Completely new. I have a phone with 3 but this is a new prepay dongle..different number. There are sms texts in the dongle admin page from before I received the dongle referring to password resets..
Weird stuff.

3 Community Manager

@drakshug That's doesn't sound right so I'd like to look at that myself and help you. Can you send me a PM with the new dongle number so I can get this sorted for you? Thanks'

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>