Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

New Prepay roaming

Legend

Just got a text about the new prepay roaming rates.

"50202 CONTRACT CHANGE From Three: From 21 April in EU you can Roam Like At Home as roaming rates change. Make calls for 35c/min, receive for 1.4c/min, 15c/SMS and Data EUR1.01/MB. See three.ie/roam9 for your rights. T&Cs apply"

So according to http://www.three.ie/roam9/# all the prices are going up, except for when you receive a call.

Do the above charges only apply for out of bundle usage in EU countries?

Highlighted

Re: New Prepay roaming

Hi @billbond4 yes these are only out of bundle charges in the EU Smiley Happy Any questions let me know 

Guide

Looks like swings & roundabouts, but I see the data roaming price has quadrupled to €1.01/mb.  Is this price over the Three network only, or is it the same when straying onto a parner network (like o2)?

Legend

@Three_Sophie So if you top up by 20e before you travel, you have unlimited calls,text and unlimited (15GB of) data when your in any EU country on any network?

Wizard

This would be for out of bundle charges @Chrysanth and @billbond4 if you go outside your units.  Let me know if you've any other questions on this guys Smiley Happy 

[ Edited ]
Guide

Not sure what you mean by units (amount of data included in whatever price plan, maybe?)

But does it make any difference to the price per MB if the phone moves onto another network? (within the data plan/exceeding it/both?)

And if so, does being on a Three partner one such as o2 make any difference?

Quite recently (last November), if an Irish Three phone moved onto an o2 network outside Ireland (e.g. in London), the data while not on a Three network was out-of-bundle and charged accordingly (so that, depending on individual circumstances, it was sometimes best to turn data off while there, instead of buying a roaming plan).  Is that still the case?  (Seems it's still not as clear as it could be on the Three website!). 

Wizard

By units @Chrysanth I mean your calls, texts and data allowance that comes with your plan. I'm going to look into your other query and pop back to you when I've an update. 

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon