Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NO Network Coverage IRELAND

Navigator

Hi There,

I bought a used IPHONE from a seller through adverts.ie. I have a confirmation from Adversts abut the sale. 

The seller told me that the phone is prepay and is locked to Three. Therefore,  bought a new sim from the three store and inserted it.

However, the phone began to show no network coverage after few minutes. I got the coverage back few times but it was lost in few minutes.

I wonder if I was cheated by the seller and three  has already blacklisted the phone before I bought it. 

I can assure you that I am a genuine buyer, I can provide you any documents to prove my address etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reards

@

Re: NO Network Coverage IRELAND

Legend
If the phone was blacklisted the sim wouldn't be accepted.
But it sounds like there is an issue with the phone or coverage where you are?

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Navigator

I don't think that the coverage is an issue. I took the phone to city etc. Also, I am getting network, sometime, say for 5 minutes.

I don't know what could be the reason.

Just trying to figure out.

Thanks anyway

@billbond4 wrote:
If the phone was blacklisted the sim wouldn't be accepted.
But it sounds like there is an issue with the phone or coverage where you are?

Maestro

@Jomon what network does it say youre connected to when it does connect? have you tried manual network selection in your settings? Is it ef a 3IRL phone and not a 3UK phone? 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Navigator

It is 3 Ireland phone. Now, there is no signal but it is saying 3 in between signal sign and wifi sign. Really confused.

If it is the infamous network problem of iPhone 7, I could have get it repaired privately but I don't know how to decide it.

Jomon

Legend
It's a faulty phone

Navigator

@

Can you please look into it?

Legend
You will have to deal with apple or a local repair shop to fix the phone, or send it back to seller

Navigator

Thanks. I contacted a repair shop in Dublin who might check it. But, when I googled I came across this information.

Are you up to date with your bills?

If your bill hasn't been paid on time your phone may be suspended or cancelled.

This means you won't be able to make or receive any calls or texts.

We would have sent you texts or letters to advise you of this.

Contact us to arrange payment and restore your service.

Basically, I am not sure why the seller has sold the phone. I assume there is a chance that the three has suspended or cancelled his account and I (unfortunately) bought it.

So, was trying to clear it before sending it for repair.

Jomon

Highlighted

3 Moderator

@Jomon Hi there, I'll be able to check your own personal number, however, if the IMEI number of your phone is registered on an active account with Three, for security reason, I won't be able to give you info on it. Do send me a PM, by clicking on " Send me a PM" in my signature.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>