Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple overcharges using Google Play and 3 Credit

Scout

I have noticed, as have others (https://forum.three.ie/t5/Prepay/PlayStore-Transaction-failed-but-Three-said-it-succeed/m-p/38357 although this seems an inactive thread now) that sometimes a payment to the google play store fails to go through, yet this failed transaction is charged against my Three credit balance anyhow. As there is no itemised statement of the reduction in credit balances(why not? communication not Three's forte?) I took to the void that is the online chat feature and was promised a usage report in three days (always 3 days ... ironic.) That didn't arrive and―while the world revolved, glaciers melted and paint dried―I asked again, was promised again and that didn't arrive, so I asked again. Don't have it yet, don't expect to get it neither.

The abysmal online chat function blames technical glitches for this failure, which to my mind is surprising for a tech/communications firm and seems to be the catch-all phrase for ineptitude.

For two movie rentals, I received 2x3 SMS confirmations of payment and watched as my balance disappeared. Was I charged 6 times? Don't I have a right to know where my credit went? In another case, the transaction failed and Google texted me to say the money had been credited back to my Three account, yet it never was.

There is an extremely shoddy situation prevailing here by way of the murky, unaccountable way that credit disappears from my three balance and I am not alone I see.

The online chat function is not fit for purpose and there seems no way to raise a complaint, although if you haven't already realised, you may take this as a complaint.

Next step: Ombudsman.

Re: Multiple overcharges using Google Play and 3 Credit

Pathfinder
I see they are just ignoring ur issue with this aswell

3 Community Manager

@Saturn I've been posting to the thread you mentioned and it is active. I'll be keeping Community members in the loop there. 

I'd like to take a look at the delay in your usage report and link in with the chat team. Can you PM me your number, full name, address and date of birth, please? 

Scout

Thanks @Three_Deborah1 , will do that now. I still haven't received the usage report from online chat BTW.

3 Community Manager

@Saturn, thanks a million. I see your PM and will get back to you there 👍  

Navigator
To Saturn & Metalmaster, I too had issues, of a different nature, I had subscription messaging services take credit €20 for services I did not subscribe to. Other next steps, bring it up with local politician, radio talk show, solicitor there are lots of proactive actions that I suspect will result in a more positive result and as customers we have rights and collectively as a group we have even more of a chance to do something, also keep records of everything, in printed format, good luck and keep at it until you get your refund, I know I am
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>