Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lost entire balance despite chargeable usage

Hello,

I have two Three SIM cards, which I've had for well over 7 years. One is ex-O2 (registered on this user account) and the other has always been on Three. I last used the latter on 19th February 2019 for a small amount of data roaming in London. This caused my balance to drop from €6.73 to €6.72. I have recently discovered that my balance has, at some point since then, dropped to zero, despite the chargeable usage being less than 6 months ago.

I have been on live chat to customer services, but they are useless. They can't see usage more than 4 months ago, so they don't have the tools to investigate. What's the solution to this?

I understand that chargeable usage to keep a SIM card active is now required every 12 months, rather than the previous 6 months. But my balance has still expired after less than 6 months. With usage history unreasonably hidden from customers, it makes it very difficult to prove anything to Three.

Re: Lost entire balance despite chargeable usage

[ Edited ]

@Jennifer-Duncan wrote:

Hello,

I have two Three SIM cards, which I've had for well over 7 years. One is ex-O2 (registered on this user account) and the other has always been on Three. I last used the latter on 19th February 2019 for a small amount of data roaming in London. This caused my balance to drop from €6.73 to €6.72. I have recently discovered that my balance has, at some point since then, dropped to zero, despite the chargeable usage being less than 6 months ago.

I have been on live chat to customer services, but they are useless. They can't see usage more than 4 months ago, so they don't have the tools to investigate. What's the solution to this?

I understand that chargeable usage to keep a SIM card active is now required every 12 months, rather than the previous 6 months. But my balance has still expired after less than 6 months. With usage history unreasonably hidden from customers, it makes it very difficult to prove anything to Three.

anyone found anything.

Highlighted

Re: Lost entire balance despite chargeable usage

Legend
You need to make a chargeable action and top up every 6 months to keep account active

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon