Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Keeping number alive with pre-pay SIM: basic requirement

Navigator

thanks @Three_Karen for answering the remainder of my questions.  Still I need a bit more clarification about the last item: when I was once a Three "bill pay" customer I had what would today be called a "My3" login where I could see my usage history online... calls showed up there after a few hours so they could be seen between the monthly bills.

As I understand, you are telling us that this My3 service is not available to pre-pay account holders or that My3 doesn't show that ongoing list of calls for pre-pay accounts.  If I've misunderstood you please let us know & indicate which case this may be (it seems unlikely that pre-pay customers would be cut off from these ordinary features of a My3 account).

3 Moderator

It's the latter, My3 doesn't show that ongoing list of calls for pre-pay accounts.

Navigator

Whoo-ee... that's disappointing that the calls list isn't available, though I suppose we can keep track of what calls cost because we should be able to see our account balance online.  All in all it sounds like a Three pre-pay sim card is a good way to keep the number alive rather than paying €15 or €20 a month bill-pay fees.

All my questions are answered, but to answer a Three question above here's an article that explains the VoIP forwarding strategy: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83567541&postcount=7

3 Moderator

Thanks for this. If you need anything else just let me know 😃

Navigator
I am thrilled to finally be ready to put this plan into action. So I can plan before my trip: how long does it take to port my existing phone number from another carrier (Virgin Mobile in my case) to a Three pay-as-you-go SIM card?
Highlighted

3 Moderator

Hey @rphair  👋 Once the request has been placed to move your number, it'll be transferred over within 3 hours. This can be done here👉 https://bit.ly/2hcId9t 😊 Mairéad

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>