Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Keep my Irish Number

Navigator
Hi I'm on the 30 day prepaid bill contract. I'm away in central America and have been away since October and I'm paying €30 a month for nothing essentially. I'm not sure when I'll be home but it could be at least 6 months which is a lot of dough over here. If I cancel my direct debit will I lose my number? I've had it about 15 years so i really dont want to lose it. Thanks, Tom.
Posted From Samsung SM-A310F

Re: Keep my Irish Number

Navigator

3 Moderator

Hi Tom,

The best thing to do would be move the number to Prepay. You'll need to top it up once in a period of 120 days. In order for it to remain active you just need to make a chargeable call or text every few months. If a friend or family member gets you a Prepay SIM and posts it over to you we can activate it here 👍

Navigator
Hi I'm just wondering if they can just activate it over there? And not send it to me here? I'm unsure of my address and where I'll be and I don't need it here.

Thanks,

Tom.

3 Staff

Hi Tom, do you want to leave this SIM card in a phone in Ireland and have a friend or family member keep this number activate for you till you come home? 

Navigator
Yeah. I was thinking that would be easier. Would that work?
Highlighted

3 Moderator

That would certainly keep the number active Tom. They will need to use the number every now and then to ensure it is not de-activated however, once this is done you'll be good to go. 

Navigator
Perfect thanks

3 Moderator

No worries Tom. Let us know if you need absolutely anything else. Otherwise, have a fantastic weekend. 😊

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>