Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Keep my Irish Number

Navigator
Hi I'm on the 30 day prepaid bill contract. I'm away in central America and have been away since October and I'm paying €30 a month for nothing essentially. I'm not sure when I'll be home but it could be at least 6 months which is a lot of dough over here. If I cancel my direct debit will I lose my number? I've had it about 15 years so i really dont want to lose it. Thanks, Tom.

Re: Keep my Irish Number

Navigator

Maestro

Hi Tom,

The best thing to do would be move the number to Prepay. You'll need to top it up once in a period of 120 days. In order for it to remain active you just need to make a chargeable call or text every few months. If a friend or family member gets you a Prepay SIM and posts it over to you we can activate it here 👍

Navigator
Hi I'm just wondering if they can just activate it over there? And not send it to me here? I'm unsure of my address and where I'll be and I don't need it here.

Thanks,

Tom.

Hi Tom, do you want to leave this SIM card in a phone in Ireland and have a friend or family member keep this number activate for you till you come home? 

Navigator
Yeah. I was thinking that would be easier. Would that work?

That would certainly keep the number active Tom. They will need to use the number every now and then to ensure it is not de-activated however, once this is done you'll be good to go. 

Navigator
Perfect thanks

No worries Tom. Let us know if you need absolutely anything else. Otherwise, have a fantastic weekend. 😊

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon