Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Invalid SIM Card

Lookout

So I unlocked my Samsung Galaxy S6 before arriving in Ireland through my American cellular company. Yesterday, I purchased a 1 month pre-paid SIM card from Three Ireland.  However, the device says invalid SIM card. The American cellular company, Sprint, said that the SIM Card is not getting the signals and that is why it is showing invalid SIM, and that it will require manual programing and I will have to contact the service provider of the SIM card so that they can manually program it. Can the staff at the Limerick mall where I purchased the SIM manually program the device?

Re: Invalid SIM Card

3 Moderator

Hi @dreyes1 👋 If the SIM is showing as invalid this can often be because the phone hasn't been fully unlocked. Can you confirm with the company you bought your phone from that it is unlocked and let me know? Aoife 

Lookout

Yes I confirmed with the company that the phone was unlocked.

Legend

Sounds like its not unlocked.

Do you still have the orignal sim card, what happens when you put it in the phone?

3 Moderator

@dreyes1 - Can you PM me the 083 number, please? I just want to make sure the SIM card is active. 

3 Moderator

Thanks for this. So I can that the number itself and the SIM are active, do you have another unlocked phone or know anyone with a Three phone where you could test the SIM? 

Lookout

I'm sure the problem doesn't occur with the SIM card itself. The American cellular company told me that Three Ireland would have to reprogram the device since they already unlocked it.

3 Community Manager

Thanks @dreyes I don't think programming your phone is something that we can do. Can you let me know if the software version on your phone and the model number. Have you double-checked it wasn't accidentally blacklisted. What was the name of the mobile network company you were with in America? You've sent a PM with your number, can you also provide the IMEI number of your phone by PM?

Legend

hmm i think something like is mentioned in #3 in the xda forum might be required

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-galaxy-s6/help/problem-galaxy-s6-g920p-invalid-sim-card-t371...

Whats the exact model number of the phone?

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>