Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Incorrect Charges to my account warning to 365 bank users

Scout

So my bill for December 2017 was double what it normally is (I'm pretty regular in the amount I use) so I checked it out. On the 24th December I was charged for 3 calls to JAPAN! from my mobile phone. I don't know anyone in Japan, I have never been so lucky to visit Japan and I don't know where these calls came from. 

On further investigation I realised that I was being charged for phoning Bank of Ireland 365 number as if it was in Japan. 

You can ring BOI 365 on two numbers 00818365365 or 0818365365, both I have confirmed with BOI that they reach the same offices in Ireland. The code for JAPAN is 0081 so three have charged me for phoning outside of Ireland. Initially I was told that I would be refunded but now I am being told it was my own error for putting an extra digit in. However BOI have confirmed that both are eligible numbers to reach them IN IRELAND. 

Am I wrong to look for a refund? Who is at fault? Do I just put up with the charges and move on? Do I make more people aware of this issue.....I only realised because I had to call them 3 times in one day otherwise I wouldn't even be aware of the issue. 

Re: Incorrect Charges to my account warning to 365 bank user

Maestro

Hi @suziwalsh, can you send your details in a PM please and I'll have a look into this for you now?

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>