Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Inccorect phone number top up and no money refunded

[ Edited ]
Scout

Hi All,

After numerous contacts with Three CS, I decided to contact you as the issue was never resolved and unclear responses received.

Subject of matter:

Om 3rd Oct. I have top up my friend number ***** instead of ****** for the amount of 10.00 EUR

Once the error was detected I contacted Three and I was advised to contact my bank and the bank provided a following response:

"Once a top up is made on Banking 365 Online, the funds afrer transferred directly to the mobile phone provider. We are unable to recall these types of payments" and advised to contact Three again and the next agent from Three advised me co contact owner of the phone number 0862881459 in order to resolve the issue (this advise does not make any sense) - the phone number does not exist. After providing this info to Three the next agent advised me to contact the bank and I did.

As I asked the bank help me to open chargebacks case they sent me instruction:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting the Online Service Desk.

We have already issued you with proof of payment for this transaction on the 09/10/2018. With these details Three will be able to locate the payment.
Once a top up is made on Banking 365 Online, the funds afre transferred directly to the mobile phone provider. We are unable to recall these types of payments.
With the reference numbers provided in the proof of payment details Three will be able to locate this payment.
 The sequence number for the top up is 01154

Please let us know if we can help with anything else"

Do you really need to proceed with CB case and Social Media contact?

I am looking some more less clear explanation regarding this matter

Re: Inccorect phone number top up and no money refunded

3 Moderator

Hi @PM I’ve edited some of the personal details you’ve provided to protect your privacy or your friends privacy i.e. the phone numbers. The way the top up works here is that once the funds reach our accounts they’re applied. If it’s to a number, not on our network then they bounce back within 3 to 5 working days. If this time has passed then we need to check from our side that the €20 top up is 100% not with us. I’d like to see what has been done for you so far and take it from there. Do you have a Three number with us, if so can you send it to me by PM as it’s possible that there are notes on that account about this? If not, were you asked for an email address by any of the Three Reps you spoke with? Can you send me that email address if that’s the case? I’ll likely need some more info from you as well so it’s best to send me a PM and I can gather that. Thanks

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>