Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Hotspot in s7 edge

Scout

Hi, i have s7 edge but i couldn't find mobile hotspot in a setting , is that block from network provider?

Chosen Solution

Re: Hotspot in s7 edge

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

Hi @fani I'm going to post the information I received back to this public thread to keep all our Community members informed and to help other future users that may require this information 👍

Samsung is correct in stating that this option can be switched off upon request from the carrier. However, we do not request it to be switched off in the 3ROI (Republic Of Ireland) carrier software.

Umfortunately, we have no have control over the software version you're using as it was not purchased via or customized with the 3 Ireland software.

Also, it's possible pending the model that the device may have  different hardware to an Irish version, EG: processor Xonus vs QUALCOMM so you cannot install Irish software onto it.

This accounts for why you're phone doesn't have a hotspot option. All Three ROI phones (that have tethering capability) come with the hotspot feature.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Legend
No, can you see in network and Internet

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Network can't block that, it's a phone setting

Scout
Its not there is a phone setting i contacted with three store in Limerick and the Lady said its block from Three any help...thanks

3 Community Manager

@fani I can 100% confirm that we don't restrict access to a hotspot. It's a phone feature.  Can you try to find the following on your S7:

1. Launch the Settings app from your Home screen, the app drawer, or the Notification Shade.
  2. Tap Mobile hotspot and tethering.
  3. Tap Mobile hotspot.
  4. Tap Enable Wi-Fi sharing.
  5. Tap the switch to turn on your hotspot.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your devices.

Have you data access on your phone (just in case you've ever asked us to remove data from your account as that would make using a hotspot impossible until data is activated again)

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

Hi @fani I'm going to post the information I received back to this public thread to keep all our Community members informed and to help other future users that may require this information 👍

Samsung is correct in stating that this option can be switched off upon request from the carrier. However, we do not request it to be switched off in the 3ROI (Republic Of Ireland) carrier software.

Umfortunately, we have no have control over the software version you're using as it was not purchased via or customized with the 3 Ireland software.

Also, it's possible pending the model that the device may have  different hardware to an Irish version, EG: processor Xonus vs QUALCOMM so you cannot install Irish software onto it.

This accounts for why you're phone doesn't have a hotspot option. All Three ROI phones (that have tethering capability) come with the hotspot feature.

Hope this helps!

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>