Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

High pre-pay charges despite low usage

Navigator

My wife and I both just moved from three bill-pay to pre-pay about 10 days ago and have made only a few calls and texts mostly to each other but on both of our accounts our credit has gone down by half already.

We are supposed to be getting free calls and texts to three and free unlimited data.

There doesn't seem any way to check call history or other charges on Three.ie

I tried contacting customer support and they are supposedly sending me a list of charges but nothing has arrived

Is such overcharging a common problem ?

Chosen Solution

Re: High pre-pay charges despite low usage

[ Edited ]
Navigator

I received the summary and is seems that I was charged for a lot of calls that were not connected
47c for each call of a couple of seconds seems a rip off.

* edited with updated info from Mac_n_cheese*

Oh yes the billing system. The minute it connects its. 38c minute with a 9c connection fee and the. 38 c per minute after that. WhatsApp is how I make calls when I can which saves a lot.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

If you are both on 3 then maybe your plan isn't active, did you check it on your My3 account? List of charges can take a few days and it's sent by email I believe.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Navigator

That's a good point. 

My3 is currently down at the moment so I'll check when its back up

I had presumed that when you bought a new prepay SIM for EUR 20 that the plan was active from the start but maybe you're right and its not yet active.

Last time I looked though it showed no out of plan data use which would suggest that it is active

It more than likely is active then. The report you're receiving will highlight charging issues if there are any. Ask a Mod here to check on the report for you. Did ye both get sim replacements or is everything the same apart from the plan change?

Navigator

We both got replacement SIMs

[ Edited ]
Navigator

I received the summary and is seems that I was charged for a lot of calls that were not connected
47c for each call of a couple of seconds seems a rip off.

* edited with updated info from Mac_n_cheese*

Oh yes the billing system. The minute it connects its. 38c minute with a 9c connection fee and the. 38 c per minute after that. WhatsApp is how I make calls when I can which saves a lot.

Oh yes the billing system. The minute it connects its. 38c minute with a 9c connection fee and the. 38 c per minute after that. WhatsApp is how I make calls when I can which saves a lot
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>