Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Gooo Play Store - 3 Billing incorrect number

Lookout
Hi,

I've been unable to use 3 Billing in the google play store since I purchased a new phone in September.

It worked on my previous phone, but I cant seem ti get it to work for thia one.

When I try to set the billing up, it appears to succeed, sending a verification message to the provider.
An option then becomes listed under payment option as "3 billing".

This option has a Phone number which is different to my own, likely the original temporary number on the sim card.

When i try to make any purchase i dont have the option to use the 3 Billing.

I have browses previous similar posts and can confirm that my Country setting is set to Ireland. I have also tried clearing Goigle play store application cache.

Is there anyway of fixing this?

Thanks!

Re: Gooo Play Store - 3 Billing incorrect number

Edit your number in your settings to change it to new number and that should work. If iPhone it's iMessage number I think but Google your phone to find the steps.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Lookout
As far as I can tell, this changing of number doesn't seem to be a possibility on my phone, and possibly on android as well.

The phone appears to take the original sim phone number rather than my own number which I had it transerred to, and then attempts to use this.

Have you googled your phone make/model? It's a phone setup feature. If you let me know what phone you're using I'll do a bit of reasearch for you?

Lookout
I use a Huawei P20.

I've searched for this phone model with relation to configuring the phone number and havent had any success unfortunately.

If you do look, thank you, hopefully you have more luck than I have had, perhaps I just don't have the correct search terms.

Legend
You could try a reset of the phone?
Make sure to make a backup first

@Oisd1billbond is right. You need to restore the phone to factory settings. It works according to other forums. Then use your new sim in it and you'll be sorted! 

Lookout
I've given a factory reset a try, and doesnt change anything for me unfortunately.

I think it is just down to the sim card, and that replacing it could be the fix I will need.

This will have to wait until I need to top up again I think, as a replacement sim card probably wont transfer over remaining credit from my experience.

I'll see if this does the trick and update here if it does!

Merry Christmas!
Highlighted

Merry Christmas. A replacement sim transfers credit..a sim with a new number won't.
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>