Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Google Play Store - Three billing: Incorrect phone number

I have used the Three Billing option in the past, but potentially not since I upgraded my phone. Now when I attempt to do this, I see an 083 number under that option that is not my number. Some googling tells me that this was likely the temporary number on the new SIM i received, but I am unsure how to update this to my actual number so that I can avail of this service.

I have removed the payment method and re-added. I have also cleared App Data/Cache. Does anyone know if this can be resolved or do I need to get a new SIM and get my number put on there before it is associated with a Google Play account.

Re: Google Play Store - Three billing: Incorrect phone numbe

Hi Joe, I'll check this out for you. Can you give me some more info on this please? Are you getting an error when you try to buy an app with this number? Aoife

It actually does seem to work (I just tried 1 euro transaction), but I'm not sure if that is just because there is some amount of promotional credit on that SIM that was never used. The registered number is 083 xxx xxxx, while my number is 087 xxx xxxx.

Can you send me your details in a private message please Joe, including these two numbers, your address and date of birth? If this is the temporary number you had before you ported your number onto it, then this credit would be taken from your own account. 

Navigator

Same here, showing the old SIM number from before I ported mine across

3 Moderator

@MonryFlange  Hi there, just wondering if you've sorted this out? Were you able to change to your current number? 

Navigator
Nope, waiting on a new blank SIM, seems the 'system' can't deal with
ported numbers.

3 Moderator

@MonryFlange . Hmmm, that's strange. What sort of phone do you have? I know some phones retain the tempory number in the "my contacts" but that's easily changed without getting a new SIM. 

Navigator
It picks up on the encoded number in the SIM card, not the ported
number. It's a failing with the system

3 Moderator

@MonryFlange thanks for getting back to me. When you've put through the SIM swap, let us know if Google Play recognises your number then👍

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>