Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Getting no Internet

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hi PatR1 👋 That's correct. There was an outage from 10.30pm and some customers were affected at random. Our engineers working on a fix immediately and had the service restored by 1 AM. The service is back to normal this morning. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Conor

As was stated by PatR1, I am also in the East Cork area. I believe this is the third or fourth time this has happened in the last few weeks. This is not an issue with signal strength, I was getting good reception. The normal service has been restored this morning, however I would like to know if this will be the last time we will experience this problem.

Anonymous

We do work hard on ensuring that we provide the service but due to the nature of telecommunications, we can't guarantee a fault-free service 100% of the time. Any time we become aware of something like this we work to restore it asap.

Scout
Hi Conor. No one expects that all services will work 100% of the time. However, when an issue of similar nature happens for same downtime duration and same time at night within 8 days then there is something up that needs to fixed. I work in IT and know that once off systematic issues can occur but twice in 8 days is the start of a trend, and the answers supplied are generic but with respect we want to know what the engineers and back room service teams are doing to prevent a repeat of this issue again, as whatever patch deployed the week before was evidently not enough and the reduntant systems don’t seem to be working either, so what’s up and what are the teams doing to fix it? The “3 community” would appreciate a more detailed response, which is unlikely on a Sunday, but should certainly made available in the coming days, after all we are paying for the service.

Another note, when such service disruption occurs and 3 Engineers are aware and working a text message wouldn’t go a miss to 3 customers to advise of disruption and eta of service. As a telecommunications company communicating such events appears to go under the carpet - no notice on community or made on twitter to apologise and acknowledge downtime. It would save people lot of time resetting devices and checking SIMs when issue outside their control. Thanks.
Posted From Apple iPhone

Anonymous

Unfortunately, all the information I've given is all that I have in regards to this. I'll pass the feedback regarding the notification. This was out of hours at 10.30 PM and the priority was to get the issue resolved asap. I do apologise for the inconvenience.

And what is wrong with it this time?

Could you at least guarantee it 90 or 80% of the time. I am paying you money for this. If you don't like money, then I guess I will have to go elsewhere, since this simply isn't going to work out.

Anonymous

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear of your experience. We have no indications of an outage in your area today. can you possibly give me more information and ill certainly check this out for you 👍 Shane

It was not an outage. The speed of the connection dropped significantly, and the connection became very unstable. I had to refresh the connection, essentially by turning my phone off and then back on again. It was synchronising photos to cloud backup for hours. This has happened twice in the last few days, and no it isn't a problem with my phone.

To be clear it is now working again.

Anonymous

No problem. Thanks for letting us know. If you need any help with this in the future just pop back here to us 😊 

Highlighted

It's gone again...

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>