Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Free Credit - Expiry Date

Anonymous

I recently ported my number over from Meteor (I wish I hadn't now - see my previous post).

Anyway I received €5 free credit. I just noticed from looking at My3 that this credit expires on 04/09/2015.

I wouldn't mind that but it seems that calls/texts I make are been taking from my top-up credit which doesn't expire.

So unless I use all my current topup credit I won't be able to use my free credit before it expires....

Could someone from customer services explain this? Surely calls/text charges should be atken from credit with a expiration date before my other credit?

Or is the free credit just a scam.

Chosen Solution

Re: Free Credit - Expiry Date

You would still have to use up your normal credit first.

Just to clarify as well in case you're unaware, your plan will still be active for the full 30 days, even if you use up all your credit. So if you use up the €20 and the bonus credit, you still have your free data, texts, calls to Three at all times and calls to other networks at weekends.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Anonymous

Hi there,

No this isn't a scam, its just the way the system is done. The same as Tescomobile has there's to be honest. I know its confusing but you'd be surprised how fast credit can go. Before Sept you will possibly have your Main account Balance gone! Smiley Happy

Anonymous

I doubt it. I use very little credit, and I topup by €20 each month to avail of the free three calls and texts. Why can't the €5 free credit be used first?

Its useless to me this way

What tesco mobile does is of no interest to me, unless you recommend I change to their network. I can certainly take a look at their offers.

Hi @Anonymous, the bonus credit only applies when your 'normal' credit is used up as @Anonymous mentioned.

I know that it's hard to use up all €20 in a month as there is a lot free with that plan, but what most people do is use up the extra credit on new apps or music. Check out how to use your credit to buy apps and music on Android here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2651410?hl=en

Give me a shout if you have any more questions

Anonymous

Will app/music purchases come out of my free credit before my topup credit. Or do I still have to use up all my topup credit first?

You would still have to use up your normal credit first.

Just to clarify as well in case you're unaware, your plan will still be active for the full 30 days, even if you use up all your credit. So if you use up the €20 and the bonus credit, you still have your free data, texts, calls to Three at all times and calls to other networks at weekends.

Anonymous

Don't worry though - There are a load of Movies/Books, Apps and Games available on the play store for you to use that credit on!! Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

So I decided to use some credit buying an album on Google Music. I connected to playstore on my phone connected to three network (wifi off). However when I click buy on the album I don't get an option to use three credit, just my regular paypal account.

Am I missing a step somewhere?

Edit: So figured out how to add 3 billing option in google. The video here is not helpful at all - http://www.three.ie/explore/three-likes/

However now when I try to purchase the album using 3 billing I get a message saying I have insufficient credit. The album cost is €10.49 and I have €9.84 cash credit and €5 free credit available.

Can someone tell me why this isn't working?

All I want is to make use of the free €5 credit before it expires, but seems three doesn't want me to :-(

Why there is even an expiry date is beyond me. Imagine giving someone a Christmas present and telling them if you don't use it within 30 days I'm taking it back Smiley Mad

Hi @Anonymous, glad you got that sorted Smiley Happy 

In relation to the free credit, that only kicks in when your 'normal' credit is used up. So you would need to use up the €9.84 credit, and then the €5 bonus credit can be used. 

Anonymous

@Three_Sheena wrote:

Hi @Anonymous, glad you got that sorted Smiley Happy 

In relation to the free credit, that only kicks in when your 'normal' credit is used up. So you would need to use up the €9.84 credit, and then the €5 bonus credit can be used. 

Seriously! So I cannot even use the so called bonus/free credit along with my existing cash credit to purchase something.

It just keeps getting better. I suppose I might just as well kiss the 'free' credit goodbye.Smiley Mad

This Christmas I'm going to try giving people their presents then taking them away again at the end of January to see how that goes down Smiley LOL

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>