Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: EU Roaming

Lookout

Hi Julie, 

I've sent you another message. I don't think that this has been solved yet.

Highlighted

3 Staff

Just after getting back to you in PM. 

Same thing here. I checked my account in Dublin on May 29th and I still had my full allowance following by 20 euro top up. I traveled to Germany and I received a message notification saying that I could use up to 5GB of data for free. Now I've seen that all my credit (about 31 euro) is gone for roaming charges.
This does not seem right, and now I'm abroad without any credit on my phone!!

Maestro

Hi @ruffinim, the new EU roaming rates became active from May 15th. Did you top up after this date by €20 to activate this? 

No I toped up earlier, but this wasn't very clear form the message I received when I landed. There was no mention of any date in the message.

I'm facing exactly same situation, according to the Three, there's a free 5GB, but apparently customers have to pay again €20 if you top up before 29/5. It seems super dumb and I ran out all my credits in Spain!
Posted From Apple iPhone

I think the message sent b three should have specified this and was totally misleading. Not just to me but to many others... and there is no reason not too replace our credits, as the agreement from Three is obviously already in place with all EU operators.
I work in the telecomms sector so I'm going to ask a couple of colleagues at ComReg about this if it's not sorted

3 Moderator

You'll need to top up after the advised dates to activated your new allowances. This was clearly stated in the text. 

This is the text I received, and if my account was not activated or it I shouldn't have received. Otherwise it's totally misleading.
"From Three: Calls, texts & Data charged as per plan. EUR20 top up promotion includes 5GB data & free SMS in EU. Free info +353 833 333 330 Emergency 112. Freetext "STOP" to 1740"

3 Moderator

Can you send a screenshot of the text you received? 

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>