Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Data outside allowance

Navigator

Hello,

I've just received today a tons of message saying "You have spent EURO /amount/ on internet service since 18/05/2018" So, i checked on my account and I am currently charged of 72 euros. The thing is, ive NEVER use outside allowance data until now, I have the prepay plan and make a 20EUR top up every month, I havent been in another country, and i am suppose to have unlimited data on internet. So why am I charged then ? Ive read here and there that there were a lot of issues like this for other costumers. 

Re: Data outside allowance

Hi there 👋 These texts are sent when your plan has expired to warn you of your Out of Bundle data usage. They're not sent in real-time and pull from a date you were charged for a service that wasn't included in your plan while it was active, ie a call to a non-Three customer. When your plan expires, you're charged at €1.01 per MB of data used which can become expensive quite quickly. To keep your plan active, we recommend setting a reminder in your phone or setting up an automatic top-up on your My3 account here. Aoife

Navigator

But my plan hasnt expired yet, and ive never used data when i had to top up again, so how is it possible?

Pathfinder
Not trying to be smart here, but it's every 28 days not every month. Any chance this is why you're being charged?

3 Moderator

@innim  Can you check what date you topped up last month? @tonyalfa is correct, you need to top up every 28 days and not the same date every month as some months have 30, 31 days.

Navigator
My had ive mixed up and missed the day which was one day before. But even though i topped up yesterday i keep receivng a tons of messages of charges, why so??

3 Community Manager

@innim these are from the time your plan expired, there can sometimes be a delay but you will never be charged for using data when your plan is active. Smiley Happy

@tonyalfa thank you for helping!

Navigator
I see, this is weird considering i was just one day late and those amounts are numerous and expensive. I logged in to my 3 acc to check it on and i dont undersand, it shows i have 75eur of out of data allowance, which is not matching with the amounts on the sms i received, how do i deal with this ?

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

Do you know how much credit you had in your balance? @innim. Because you're charged €1.01 per MB when your plan expires after 28 days, it can use up your credit but you can only ever get charged the amount of credit that is in your balance. 

Navigator
For now i have 52 in my balance, i know that i had more than that before. So all the charges are taken from my balance and if my balance ends up at 0 it cutt off my internet and doesnt chargre me anymore? Because all the sms i received about the money spend out of data were much more than the credit balance i had i think, so i am really confused
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>