Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Data Roaming Issue

Navigator

I have travelled outside of Ireland three times in Europe and every time my data roaming has not worked, despite being in contact with customer care twice and doing everything that was asked.

I've tried everything

- restarted phone (while abroad)

- manually selected network

- eventually got a new SIM from three after travelling twice with this issue

Just got back from Portugal and the issue STILL isn't fixed even with the new sim. 

Please help?

Highlighted

Re: Data Roaming Issue

Maestro

Hi beccamcr,

I'm really sorry to hear this, it may be a bar on the account that's preventing the data being used. When you spoke to customer care did they advise you to ensure that 4G was switched off when roaming? 

Highlighted

Navigator

Hey! Thank you for replying Smiley Happy

No they didn't mention that! How do I make sure it's switched off? 

Highlighted

Maestro

4G can often block you from accessing the network, what kind of phone are you using? I'll send you on some directions 👍

Highlighted

Navigator

Oh! I'm using a Samsung S8 Smiley Happy Thank you!

Highlighted

Maestro

No worries, can you try this for me then manually select Elisa or Tele2 in your network mode:

On the homescreen, swipe up for the Apps menu, Tap Settings, Tap Connections, Tap Mobile networks, Tap Network mode, choose 3G/2G (auto connect) or 3G only.

Highlighted

Navigator

I'm back in Ireland now but I am going to London on Wednesday so I can try this then. I did play around with these settings when I was in Portugal, but I just changed the options and didn't manually select the network after.

Thanks for helping with this!

Highlighted

Maestro

No problem at all 😃 Let me know how you get on. If you still can't connect to the data pop back and let me know. 

Highlighted

Navigator

Okay will do! Thanks again Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Navigator
Hey! Just got to London and tried that, but my data still isn't working Smiley Sad
Announcements

Three – Covid-19

In the interest of ensuring the health & safety of our employees, our contact support centres are open, however we currently have limited resources. This may cause higher than normal wait times.

Under the advice of the government, our stores remain open. We have enhanced cleaning in place and are strongly enforcing social distancing which we encourage our customers to respect. We have also reduced the opening hours in all our stores

Self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.

For more tips & information, please click here.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.