Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Credit used up through data without warning

Scout

So I was just charged €20 for using approx. 18MB of data after my prepay 28-day contract had run out. Now fair enough if I had intended to use my data outside of contract I guess the charge would be somewhat justified.

However, my issue here is that there was no warning given that my credit was about to expire, which seems a bit unfair since 18MB of data can be used up a couple of seconds after midnight (or whatever time of day the contract runs out). In particular this was an issue since I have been out of the country for a few months, and was not aware until this occurred that the billing period had been changed recently to 28 day cycles. I had intended to top up again on the 14th, but had warning been given, I would have of course topped up once my 28-day contract was about to expire on the 11th.

Seems a bit unfair that this is an issue, seeing as I had no intention of spending all my credit like this, and would have topped up to stay in contract had I known.

Re: Credit used up through data without warning

Hi Daragh, sorry to hear you've had a poor experience. You can keep track of your plan's expiry date in your My3 account, you can also set up an automatic top up every 28 days to make sure your plan won't expire. Here's a link - My3

Scout

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the quick response. Thanks for making me aware of those facilities. I'd just like to know though if it is possible to receive a refund on some of this used credit seeing as I would have topped up again to keep it had I known.

I wouldn't be able to credit you back for the credit, but can you PM your details so I can check the plan you're on?

Scout

I have experienced the same thing. I topped up on the 27th Dec. 2017. I got 2 text today saying that i have used 12.06 and 6.03 on internet service sine the 19/01/18. From my impression I wasn't due to top up till the 23rd of this month. I checked my account yesterday and i had in the region 27 euro in credit so can you explain to me where all my credit has gone.

Gareth.

3 Staff

Hi Gareth 👋 If you topped up on the 27th of December by €20 this would have kept your plan active until the 23rd of this month. This date on they usage messages of the 19th of January would be the first time you used an out of plan service, such as calling a landline. This date is then carried forward on all these usage messages, even though you wouldn't have been charged for internet services till the 23rd of this month. 

Scout
Can you give me a list of the out of plan services that I used ?because to my recollection I didn't use any and if I did I'm sure it wasn't 18 euros worth.

Regards

3 Moderator

We can have a usage report generated that will show all your usage for the last 30 days. Can you PM me your name, address, date of birth & number. 

Navigator

"Please note: Once your 28-day plan expires, further usage charges will apply to any remaining credit, including internet usage. Once your plan has expired, you will begin receiving text messages informing you that your credit is now being used."

Never receive this message, I have all I can it data, so you would say that for 27 min on phone I spend  29,... euro ?????

I want refund.

Navigator

I got same message: "have used 12.06 and 6.03 on internet service sine the", after 8 hours later, no warning nothing and its not covered 40 euro for the first time and this time 29,04 euro.

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>