Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Charged for Out of allowance data on PrePay

Lookout

Three_Kelly I am well aware of the plan which I've been using for a number of years. So tell me this, the plan ended on the 19th (Yesterday) at 00:00 hours and not 30 minutes had passed before I realized it went and your saying that in that amount of time of 30 minutes  I managed to use 56.467 MB justifying €56 ,are you having me on ? 30 mins over and it cost me €56 . please contact me further because this is a joke 

3 Moderator

Can you send your details in a PM and I'll have a look into this for you?

Highlighted

Leader

Kelly, If he topped up on 20 Feb then his plan should have remained active until midnight (23:59:59 hrs) on 20 Mar and not 19 Mar as stated in your reply. 

3 Moderator

There are only 28 days in February so if you count 28 days from the 20th Feb it'll be the 19th March 👍

Lookout

Why is everyone pointing out the obvious, I can count FFS  I've been using this service for a number of years . I was saying that on the night of the 19th crossing over to the 20th not 30 mins had past and apparently I've used an unreal amount of data which 3 charged me €56 for, and I said this is a joke , which it is .So your now telling me that 30 mins use of data can cost that much is that what your saying ?

[ Edited ]
Leader

Yes but the way Three calculate the 28 days is that the day you top-up is day 0 not day 1.  As proof of this I can give the following example of my last top-up:

Topped up at 00:25 on 6 Feb

Expires on 6 March (midnight) - as per My3 details.

That being the case his plan would be active until midnight on 20 Feb and not the 19 Mar. 

Lookout

It also said on My3 when I checked the balance at the bottom it states I've been charged for out of allowance data since March 6th , how can that be if I am still within the plan for All You Can Eat Data at that date . Topped up on the 20th of February add 28 days brings it to the 19th, which is well within the plan so how could I be charged from the 6th ? if it is data used outside that then it's not All You Can Eat is it ? 

Leader

Corrected Text

Yes but the way Three calculate the 28 days is that the day you top-up is day 0 not day 1.  As proof of this I can give the following example of my last top-up:

Topped up at 00:25 on 6 Feb

Expires on 6 March (midnight) - as per My3 details.

That being the case his plan would be active until midnight on 20 Mar and not the 19 Mar.

Hi cwn 👋 You're right, it would have expired at midnight on the 19th of February, which was the last date of the plan, as advised. The plan would have then expired on the 20th and he would have been charged for any usage after this. 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>