Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Charged for Out of allowance data on PrePay

[ Edited ]
Explorer

Hi, my 28 day credit has expired and as I have chosen a new date for my automatic credit renewal, I know that I will not have texts, calls and internet access for a few days.

Even though I have no access to the internet on my phone I received a message stating "You have spent EURO 6.13 on Internet Services since 20/02/2018". How can I be charged when I can't even access the internet? 

Also I was not sent a text message warning me that I would be charged?

Re: Charged for Out of allowance data on PrePay

3 Moderator

Hi @Fionahd33, you need to top up every 28 days to keep you plan active. Any usage outside of the plan or any usage after this plan has expired,  will be taken from your credit.

[ Edited ]
Explorer

I understand that I need to top up every 28 days in order to keep my plan active. I want to know why I am being charged for internet data when I do not even have access to the internet due to my plan not being active as I have chosen a new date for my 28 day plan. 

3 Moderator

Have you been using your data for browsing or apps? Even if your plan is not active you can still use your data but this usage will be taken from your credit.

Explorer

Ok thank you! 

3 Moderator

No worries, if you need anything else just come back to me here.

Highlighted

Guide

Turning off mobile data on the phone does not disable automatic updates.  You have to ensure automatic updates is set to "WiFi Network Only" else your mobile data will be used for automatic updates if you are not connected via WiFi.  

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>