Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Charged for Internet although not using Data.

Scout
Hi there,

i’m currently abroad outside europe, and i kept my Data and Roaming off, at all time, using only Wi-Fi connections when possible.

in the beginning of the month i was also abroad in a Feel at Home destination and i’ve been using data as always without problems, despite this i received text from Three informing i was about to reach the allowance therefore i stop using my Data there.

I just received now few Texts from Three saying:

00.10 You have spent £ 12.01 on Internet since 01/01/2019

00.40 You have spent £ 24.01 on Internet since 01/01/2019

01.07 You have spent £ 30 on Internet since 01/01/2019

everything is happening in less than a hours with me having a phone set up with Datas and Roaming OFF, and using free Wi-Fi from the hotel.

What is going on ?
thank you.
Posted From Apple iPhone

Re: Charged for Internet although not using Data.

You know you don't get to use unlimited data outside of Ireland? Those messages are probably cuz you went over the allowance when abroad. Where were you travelling?
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Scout
i was travelling in Italy at first. which is covered by the Data Allowance.

and i am currently in Cambodia, but having Data and Roaming off since i’ve been here. Also, i’m on a contract with Three, meaning i’m having a very high Allowance
Posted From Apple iPhone

[ Edited ]
Maestro

Have you 9GB in EU? Check your allowance in My 3 either you went over the 9Gb or your data wasn't off when you landed and connected..Cambodia prices are astronomical so even 2 minutes of data on your phone will result in those charges. That's my understanding.

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

[ Edited ]
Scout

The only way you'll be charged for data is if mobile data is on. Because the activity log labels all data as "internet" so it doesn't really help. 

*post edited

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>