Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Charged despite data turned off

Lookout

Last month I forgot to turn off my mobile data, and ended up losing all my credit. My bad, my fault, I topped up again and noted the date it would run out carefully. At around 11.30 that night I turned off my mobile data.

The next morning I got a notification that I had used credit going online. I checked my credit and it was half what it should have been, and kept going down all day. I chatted online and was sent a usage report that showed I was using data exactly every two hours for exactly the same amount of data. I chatted to another worker who, although very polite, basically told me 'too bad, so sad'. I'm going to be watching very closely at the end of this topup cycle.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Re: Charged despite data turned off

Maestro

Hi @fandomlver, you need to top up every 28 days to keep the plan active. Any usage used when this has expired will be taken from your credit. Even if data is switched on for a few minutes this can use your credit, even from just apps running in the background. You can check out all the info on the plan here: 3.ie/dn3gc

Leader

In addition to turning off Mobile Data you also need to ensure Automatic Updates is set to WiFi only.

Lookout
Hi Kelly, I had my mobile data turned off and was using only WiFi.

Lookout
It is set to WiFi only, but thanks for the tip.

Maestro

No worries, if you need any more help on this just come back to us here.

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon