Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Cannot send Eircom emails from iPhone

Scout

Firstly I have my email set up with these settings:

Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net

Outgoing mail server: smtp.o2.ie

I have tried with my eircom wi-fi(Broadband) and using 3 data with wi-fi turned off. I get the message "The connection to the outgoing server "smtp.o2.ie" failed. Additional outgoing mail servers can be configured in settings > mail > contacts, calendars". I realise my wi-fi has nothing got to do with 3 but the outgoing server does not work with 3's server.

If I turn off 3 data and use eircom wi-fi I get "A copy has been placed in your outbox. The recipient *******@whatever.ie was rejected by the server because it does not support relaying.

What is annoying is using Eircoms standard mail settings, webmail.eircom.net and smtp.eircom.net I had no issues when I was using a Vodafone sim so obviously 3 handles these outgoing emails in a different manner. What can I do to resolve this please, as even using 3's own outgoing mail server smtp.o2.ie is not working with only 3 data turned on and wi-fi off. Has this server changed. At the moment the only way I can use my email is to turn 3 data off, turn my wi-fi on and change the outgoing server to smtp.eircom.net, hardly ideal.

Posted From Apple iPad

Re: Cannot send Eircom emails from iPhone

Maestro

Shouldn't outgoing be mail.relay.3ireland.ie  ? change to that and see?

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>