Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Can't send or receive texts while abroad.

Scout
Hi, I'm currently in Switzerland and recently haven't been receiving texts and I can't send them either. I could do this up until recently. I have sufficient credit and have tried restarting my phone; taking out the sim card and putting it back in; and a few other things, none of which are working.
Highlighted

Re: Can't send or receive texts while abroad.

Legend

Disable 4G and restart your phone to see if that helps.

Explorer

Hello, is this solved for you @treely? I am having a similar issue, I cannot send any text message or make any call. But at least I can receive a call (not sure about texts). I have tried everything I could, and I have been in contact with the Three support. In addition to disabling 4G, I have been told to try to connect to an Orange network, but Orange in Switzerland was sold three years ago and was renamed to Salt, which I can’t connect to at all. Sunrise networks are the only ones I can connect to with the Three SIM card. I’ll let you know if I have any update

Are ye both billpay or pay as you go?
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Scout
Restarting phone didn't work unfortunately.

Hi @Trí, no not solved yet. I tried connecting to Salt too, but it says I can't connect to it. Thanks

I'm on pay as you go anyway. I also tried topping up but I didn't even get the text saying that I've been topped up.

Explorer

I’m on prepay as well, and I’ve just received a message from Three that answers this question. It turns out that currently, they no longer have a roaming agreement with swiss operators for prepay customers, so it’s not going to work. This is a recent issue, which explains why roaming was working for you until recently here. They hope to have it working again by mid-december. My SIM card is going to expire before that because I have no way of doing a chargeable operation before the end of the month, as I don’t think I’ll going abroad in the coming weeks

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

@Trí @treely Our roaming team have confirmed that at the moment, we don’t have an active agreement with Swiss operators for roaming which is a recent development and explains the difficulties you were having. Our roaming team are aware of this and working on an agreement. They hope that roaming will become available in Switzerland soon and I will update this thread as soon as it is. I'm sorry for any inconvenience and appreciate you taking the time to reach out to highlight this and help each other here. 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>