Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't send or receive text messages in Germany

Lookout

I arrived in Germany yesterday and am unable to send or receive text messages since. I am also unable to access messages left on my voice mail. It worked fine on my way through France though. I tried to connect to different networks but the only one my sim card accepts is O2.

Re: Can't send or receive text messages in Germany

Legend
Try to. Enable 3g only and restart your phone

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Any luck @Cassi

3 Community Manager

@Cassi , hi there 👋 Have you tried what billbond4 suggested? Did it work out for you? Let me know. 

Lookout

I had tried that already before I posted my question as it was mentioned previously in posts. But no luck, didn't make any difference. Half way through my stay I received two text messages out of nowhere, but minutes later that was not possible again, and I could not send a single message either until I got back to Ireland. This really puts me off Three as I have to do regular trips abroad and really depend on being able to communicate effectively for my business.

Lookout

No, nothing I tried worked. It only got resolved when I returned to Ireland. I found this community here quite tricky to navigate, and it didn't help me at all.

3 Community Manager

I totally understand that Cassi. I'll need to check your roaming profile here. Can you send me your number, full name, address and date of birth by PM, please? 

If it worked in other places then there must have been an problem with the service in Germany at the time or the relations between Three and Germany but it's EU so doubt it was that The Mods can check that your profile is okay but you did say it was fine in France so I doubt it's something to do with that. I think it sounds like service problem.
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>