Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Can't send or receive text messages from other networks

Navigator
It's a strange one. But for the last week I have been unable to send or receive text messages from other networks but calls are fine.texting to 3 network is fine.was told by online text help that it's a network issue but my two sons are with 3 and they have no problem and we are all in the same house.

Chosen Solution

Re: Can't send or receive text messages from other networks

Navigator

Good news guys.i dropped into the Grafton street three store in Dublin and i explained the problem to one of the guys and  he was a a bit puzzled to.so he gave me a new Sim replacement and all is working fine now.Due to my job i am not aloud to have a phone with a camera so i normally swap my Sim between my iphone and a alcatel one touch(no camera)so i think it might have got damaged with all the swapping out.so i think there might be a lesson here to be learned.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Legend
Sounds like your smsc is miss configured in your phone.
What phone do you have?

Navigator
IPhone 5c but have tried the sim on a Alcatel one touch and a Samsung galaxy prime with same result😟

Legend
The smsc is stored on your sim card

Legend
Dial
*5005*7672*+353868002000#
Then try to send a text

Legend
Or if that didn't work try to dial

*5005*7672*+353830000800#

Navigator
No luck

Legend
A new sim card will sort it out for you

Maestro

Hey Johnee,

That does sound like a strange one alright. The steps @billbond4 gave you try are all spot on and a new SIM card should do the trick./ Have you been using it for a long time? 

Navigator
About a 6 weeks.will drop into a 3 shop and talk to them.
Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon