Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Can't send or receive text messages from other networks

Maestro

6 weeks, that may not be the issue so. Can you take a look at this checklist for me please http://bit.ly/1UYaaiz

Legend
From the Home screen, tap Phone.
If the dial pad is not visible, tap Keypad.
Enter *#5005*7672#, then tap Call.
Tell me what number you see

Navigator

Good news guys.i dropped into the Grafton street three store in Dublin and i explained the problem to one of the guys and  he was a a bit puzzled to.so he gave me a new Sim replacement and all is working fine now.Due to my job i am not aloud to have a phone with a camera so i normally swap my Sim between my iphone and a alcatel one touch(no camera)so i think it might have got damaged with all the swapping out.so i think there might be a lesson here to be learned.

That's great to hear that everything is working for you again John, a SIM can become damaged over time so a replacement can solve a lot. If you need anything else, come back to us here. Otherwise, have a great day 😊

Navigator
No problem have a great day🤗
Highlighted

Legend
Yip, the area on the sim card that stores the smsc number goto damaged. Glad your back in action

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon