Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Can't access Web Texts -

If this is anything like previous outages, I am sceptical based on similar assurances provided by THREE Ireland representatives on multiple occasions going back to June 2017. I've no doubt the service will resume eventually but it's only a matter of time before it goes down again based on my experience and I've seen other 3 mobile users express similar frustrations on this topic after previous outages. 

Unfortunately, the feedback communicated by 3 Ireland customers is only selectively taken on board. THREE Ireland network do not seem bothered by the increasing frequency of these outages with services like 3 Webtext. 

What annoyed me yesterday is that, not only did I discover that 3 Webtext online service was down yet again over the weekend but I subsequently discovered that my SMS message to another 3 mobile user had not been received although it had sent from my mobile at the time AND his X 2 incoming phone calls to my 3 mobile were never received either. I mentioned this in a remark when advising of the 3 Webtexts service down on both 3 Community and Boards.ie however; there was no reference to it in their later posts of the same thread which is poor customer service as they should have picked up on my feedback.

I have no idea if the faults are in any way connected but I would have thought that it was helpful and pro-active to share all my feedback in case it might benefit all concerned (i.e.) 3 Ireland network and also 3 mobile customers. At times, one gets the impression that comments are not always carefully reviewed in full first before a response is posted by 3 Ireland representatives. Customers do not appreciate receiving vague responses (canned responses) that tell you what you already know to be the situation.  

3 Community Manager

@AwaitYourReply I'll send this over to my colleague on boards.ie Did you PM with the account details at the time and have you noticed any other SMS that have failed to send or calls that haven't been received? When exactly did it happen and can you give me a rough idea of where you were at the time; Town and County? I can check to see if we were working on a mast nearby or if there were known issues there at that time. If you prefer you can send these in a PM or you can do the same on boards.ie  @Three_Deborah will keep this topic updated regarding webtexts. Unfortunately, the webtext service is currently unavailable and our tech team are working to get this sorted.  

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your acknowledgement earlier today.

None of the 3 Ireland representatives communicating via Board.ie forum had personally engaged with me on the latest issues raised.

I'll send you a PM shortly with as much information as possible.

Explorer

Why does this always take nearly a week to fix?

One gets the impression that the latest system breakdown of the 3Webtexts online facility is that it is not a top priority for the THREE Ireland network. Customers are not being kept fully informed and this service will be down a whole week tomorrow. A holding statement issued on the homepage of 3Webtexts in recent days provided little or no insight as to what the cause of the problem is? Nor, does it indicate when THREE Ireland network anticipates when a full resumption of this service is expected which reflects badly on THREE Ireland.

Meanwhile, O2 which continues to operate in the UK is to give it's customers compensation for data outage issue although; that service was restored within 24hrs. O2 UK were swift in offering sincere apologies and were not found wanting when it came to demonstrating their goodwill towards customers who were inconvenienced over the outage.

See below news articles via below media websites:

https://news.sky.com/story/o2-customers-to-get-credit-compensation-for-data-outage-11574056

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46481797

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-12-07/o2-outage-how-to-claim-compensation/

It's a pity that O2 Ireland's network was bought out by the THREE Ireland network given the whole way THREE Ireland has operated facilities like it's 3Webtexts online facility with it's frequent and prolonged system outages over the last 18 months or so. 

All forms of THREE Ireland customer accounts should be awarded goodwill gesture credit compensation for being without any access to the 3Webtexts facility for such a long period of time as one can see that other reputable networks in other jurisdictions know that it's the right thing to do to maintain customer loyalty when things go wrong with any of the services they provide. 

@AwaitYourReply I think if Three knew how to fix it, it would be fixed. I'm sure it will be fixed but I think it's taking this long because theyre looking for ways to fix it. If it was not their intent then they'd notify, otherwise that would look bad. Why would there be compensation though, if it's free with online accounts? Be nice if there was but I don't expect it because I'm not paying for it.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

I think if this was only the first or second time that 3Webtexts had gone down in recent times, then I would accept your line of argument. Unfortunately, this is not the case as it has been happening far too often and when it does go down it remains unavailable for extended periods. Already a week down later today and still no sign of any progress and no detailed updates have been communicated apart from an initial holding statement issued which stated the obvious after customers had complained. I am not the only contributor to have noticed this pattern either if you check previous reports about the same issue here on 3Community forum or Three's forum via Boards.ie since June 2017 and perhaps going back even further than this.

Of course, there are other mobile networks in the Irish market that also provide a complimentary online webtexts facility as an "added benefit" to customers. It is not unusual for customers in the service industry to receive added benefits as an incentive to remain loyal to their company brand. THREE Ireland network would generate revenue from phone calls, data charges, broadband, bill pay contracts, pre-pay top-up credit, sale of phone handsets, 3Plus services, 3Money products and so on. If 3Webtexts as an "added benefit" is not sustainable to support going forward then THREE have a decision to make although; it would seem rather strange if they were now to decide to terminate the service altogether given that THREE only re-launched it's 3Webtexts service quite recently.

In fact, when the 3Webtexts was down for a period in October, I recall a THREE representative trying to reassure me that things should improve as 3Webtexts system was about to be revamped and although; it's design & layout was subsequently refreshed, it did not improve in terms of performance reliability/system outages which is what customers would probably prefer most of all at the end of the day.

Customers get fed up of having to report the same problems over and over again if it is only going to result in a "temporary fix" each time as this is of little or no real benefit to a customer when all is said and done. Any aspect of service whether it be charged or offered as an "added benefit" is only useful if it is stable and reliable when a customer chooses to avail of it.

I understand all of that. However, you seem to think it's something Three either don't care about or are terminating whereas, going by the fact that they are providing updates and acknowledging this issue, tends to indicate that they are having trouble fixing it. I clearly don't use the webtedts as much as you or others but I can tell especially as it has gone down a few times before recently that something is very wrong with it and they are so far unable to get it working. Anyway that's just my opinion.

THREE issued a vague statement which only confirmed the obvious - the system is down and they say that they are working on resolving the issue. The length of time in resolving the issue and the lack of any fresh updates would suggest that this a very low priority. It was THREE customers who reported that their system went down and THREE eventually had to acknowledge it. No further updates on what has caused the problem and no indication on when they expect full service to resume despite a whole week being down. THREE probably knows what the cause of the problem is as 3Webtext has been crashing for at least 18 months or more. If this was a first time or a rare occurrence I would have taken a different view but that is not the case. Customers lose faith in hearing the same excuses after a while when the same problem keeps on happening. And that's just my personal view based on my experience with THREE to date.

Okay so on one hand it's a lack of priority and then on the other it's proving to be a difficult thing to fix.
I personally think it's the latter but I guess time will tell.
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>