Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Re: Can't access Web Texts -

As the 3Webtext service has been going down on a regular basis for extended periods of time, particularly over the past 18 months or so, then maybe it is time that THREE Ireland did one of the following: (a) Invest in additional resources if the existing system is no longer fit for purpose due to newer technologies AND/OR (b) Change the contractor that manages and supports the upkeep of this system.

I noticed that the first report entered for the current outage of 3Webtext service was mentioned back on 1st December by a contributor here on the 3Community forum after I had attempted to gain access myself last weekend!

We are now about to enter Day 10 of zero access to the 3Webtext service and we are all as wise today as we were last weekend! It does not exactly inspire much confidence in THREE Ireland as a telecommunications network given the lack of progress made in all this time. Even if the 3Webtext service eventually resumes, how long before the next outage (and the one after that etc) as this has been a regular pattern since at least June 2017 which is very disappointing. Maybe it's time to switch to another mobile telecommunications provider as some of the other networks also offer free webtexts online services too!

I gather the 3Webtext messaging service is still out of action this evening!

Any additional updates to be issued about this ongoing problem?

I saw today there was no further updates but hopefully soon they'll either have good news or not so good news
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

I used to be more optimistic and open-minded when I first began to notice that 3Webtext would go down for ages. Originally it used only display the below error message when users were unable to gain access:

"500 Internal Server Error! Something bad happened. Please come back later, Thank you."

Following queries/complaints from customers of THREE wondering what had happened to 3Webtext, the home page was eventually updated last week to advise of the following:

"We are aware of an issue with this service and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience."

No new updates have been issued since that time despite the service remaining down.

I was assured on a previous occasion by a representative from THREE Ireland that things should improve once THREE rolled out it's upgrade to the 3Webtext system online but apart from new design/colour scheme, the performance of 3Webtext service seems to have deteriorated further rather than improve!

One has to wonder why such an upgrade did not result in a more stable service being rolled out following the 3Webtext system upgrade as otherwise; what was the whole point?

I understand that there are Other Mobile Phone Operators in Ireland who also provide FREE Webtexts online to their customers such as the following:

(1) Vodafone total of 600 Free webtexts online every 30 days
(2) eir Mobile total of 400 free webtexts online each month (this includes 100 international webtexts)
(3) Tesco Mobile total of 250 webtexts online each month (which is made up of 200 free national webtexts PLUS 50 free international webtexts each month)

I am not aware of any free webtexts offerings by other network operators in the Irish marketplace such as: Virgin mobile, POSTmobile, "48months", Lycamobile, Blueface etc; 

Incidentally, THREE Ireland's network infrastructure also provides coverage to these mobile virtual network operators which are: (i) Tesco mobile (ii) Virgin mobile (iii) Lycamobile (iv) "48" and (v) Blueface

Vodafone Ireland's network infrastructure provides coverage to (i) POSTmobile network which is part of An Post.   

I think we are now about to enter "Day 11" of no access to 3Webtext online system.

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

Hi All, we understand how important this service is to you and this upgrade is essential to providing the best service and experience for you. We don’t have a timeframe right now but rest assured we'll keep you updated every step of the way. Follow the updates - here 

@AwaitYourReply At least it's an update and the upgrade part does point to the service should be better than what it was so no more issues (fingers crossed). I think my thoughts were correct on this, it's proving difficult to fix.

I was told the exact same thing by a THREE agent around last October during a previous outage. I was assured that the service should improve once the 3Webtext site was upgraded. The 3Webtexts site was indeed refreshed afterwards to the current system we have today however; despite the upgrade (which was supposed to improve 3Webtexts service) we have been experiencing a continuous outage which has resulted in no Webtexts service for customers since 1st December to date!

Now 11 Days into the current outage they announce that an "Upgrading" of the Webtexts service is to be done yet again. Great if it results in a more stable, reliable service but I am not confident it will make any major difference to the performance side which is what is badly needed. I will reserve judgement until it eventually resumes following the awaited upgrade but I remain sceptical given THREE Ireland's past record in this regard.   

It has been three weeks now, this is bloody ridiculous! When you do a system upgrade, you do all the work in the background and should have all the kinks worked out before going live, so that you don't impact on the service to customers. I really don't see why this seems to be beyond Three

Also, why has this been marked solved when the problem is clearly far from solved?!

@jnimhaoileoin My answer solved the question for the person that created the topic. 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>