Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can't access Web Texts -

Scout

Hi I can't access Web text . just keep getting the gfollowin message

500 Internal Server Error! Something bad happened. Please come back later, Thank you.

Posted From Motorola XT1072

Chosen Solution

Re: Can't access Web Texts -

Same here. 1913 says that they're working to get it sorted. Usually that error means that it's something they know about.

View solution in original post

Posted From Huawei ANE-LX1

All Replies To This Topic

Same here. 1913 says that they're working to get it sorted. Usually that error means that it's something they know about.

3 Webtext

Error message as follows:
"500 Internal Server Error! Something bad happened. Please come back later, Thank you."

Once again the 3 Webtexts online portal is broken and unavailable to customers as I attempted to use it on Sunday 02/12/2018 so; I gather it has been broken since before today and still not resolved!

Despite the recent refresh of 3 Webtext, it would appear that the cause(s) for the system to experience frequent unexpected service outages has NOT been addressed adequately.

One has to wonder what was the point of refreshing "3 Webtext" as the last update did not offer any new features/benefits or other improvements worth noting while legacy bugs continue to be an issue. I am not confident that the causes behind this latest in a series of outages have ever actually been resolved in terms of long term. Even if and when the system is restored, it's only a matter of time of how long more before the next service outage and then one after that and so on etc; Overall it has become increasingly erratic and unreliable especially in the last 12 months and updating it's design layout/colour scheme offers little or no real benefits to the customer if the underlying legacy issues remain in the background. 

All one can expect is a resumption of service albeit on a temporary basis :( 

Very disappointing that 3 Ireland has failed to put in a "long term fix" for it's customers as it's been like "sticking-plaster" temporary fixes all along

3 Moderator

Hi all, just keeping you all updated here. Our tech team became aware of this on Saturday and are currently investigating the cause of this error. We'll have it up and running as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience here. Deb 

As the webtexts have been down, I had to send an SMS to a family member direct from my 3 mobile handset and although; this sent from my mobile phone but it was NOT received by my brother who is also currently with the same THREE mobile network. As he never received my SMS message, he later told me that he had also tried to rang me TWICE to verify something yesterday as had not received my SMS reply which I had sent from my mobile phone however; I never received his incoming  phone calls either so; he eventually tried to ring our home landline (a different provider) in order to speak to me. 

Afterwards, I decided I better test my own mobile phone handset and called my mobile from our home landline and I also tried another mobile phone (different mobile network) to ring my mobile number and the incoming call came through once again.

It seems to be a THREE to THREE problem and not just only related to 3 Webtexts on this occasion. Overall, the length of time for problems to be resolved particularly if such faults occur outside of normal office hours is not satisfactory for 3 Ireland network large customer base. You would expect a Technical Dept and engineers to be on the case 24/7 when problems are reported even outside of office hours just like other essential utility service providers do. 

Very unimpressed to learn that the Tech Team @ THREE Ireland have been aware since Saturday and are still working on it two days later with no additional updates this morning on when it is expected to be resolved - apart from "as soon as possible". This is NOT what I would regard as good service from a communications provider. Customers have been most inconvenienced since Saturday and there need to be a lot more urgency in restoring a full service at this stage.  

@Three_Deborah1 thanks for confirming! I'm sure you'll keep us updated here anyway. I don't use it too much but some people do.

3 Moderator

Hi everyone! Just popping back with an update, our network team are continuing to work on this. We're keeping a close eye and once there's more info, I'll let you know. Either way, I'll come back to you with another update tomorrow morning. Lisa

Well I sometimes do wonder based on past experience.

Last update that was communicated by a 3 network representative at 09:51am this morning only just acknowledged what many customers had already experienced since Saturday. It's almost the end of the business day and we are no wiser as no further updates since. Also no explanation on the cause of this latest outage and no indication of how long more they anticipate the service to be down. I would have previously communicated similar issues and the forum sites are not always the first to inform users when the service is back live. It's not just 3 Webtexts that went down as I never received an SMS or two phone calls from another 3 mobile user yesterday!

Latest error message on 3 Webtexts website now reads as follows:

"We are aware of an issue with this service and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience."

Thanks for confirming it @AwaitYourReply they've said that there's an issue being worked on. Won't be too long before it's up again.
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>