Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Calls and texts not working in Germany

Lookout

Hi,

I've been using Three for a while and never experienced issues calling or texting someone when I travel. Last year I started travelling to Germany quite often and since around May this year I noticed that I can't do phone calls or send/receive texts from anybody when I'm in Germany. I still have 3g/4g connection though (but it keeps going on and off constantly). I didn't have this issue when I traveled to other countries and it's still happening to me only when I'm in Germany (4 trips in total since May). I changed several phones, so it's definitely nothing HW related.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Alex

Re: Calls and texts not working in Germany

Legend

Enable 3g only and restart your phone

Navigator

I have the same problem: internet OK but cannot make a phone call or send a text.

Contacted livechat -which seems unavailable since then, no explanation given on https://www.three.ie/contact-us/ - don't know if it's broken or what(?)

They said to manually select the network operator, I did: 'registered on network' from 02-DE.

Calling and texting still not working though- also tried restarting the phone after going down to 3G, to no avail.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

@Eoghan have you tried any of the other networks available? Switch off automatic and search, try whatever comes up and see how you fare. Whatsapp will work if your able to get onto internet.
Posted From Huawei ANE-LX1

Navigator
Yes I've tried each network: Telekom, Vodafone & o2. O2 works for Internet but I still have the same problem:
I can't call or text...
Can someone from Three Support help me?

3 Community Manager

@Eoghan I'll help you with this. What happens when you try to make a call or send a text. Are you able to receive calls/texts? I can send you a text message if you haven't tried that yet? Also, just to make sure if you're on prepay that you have credit to make a call, how are you dialling the number and is it the same number you've been trying or did you try a few? Thanks'

Navigator
Hi Rachel.
I'm on billpay.
I've tried a few different numbers in their full form starting with the +, the way they're saved in the phone automatically.
When I try to call, I get the three-part looping tone you would get on a landline as 'number not recognised'.

With texts, after I press send, the text gets marked 'Failed' and doesn't get received.

I can receive calls, but apparently not texts though...
Thanks

3 Community Manager

It's quite strange! What about other times you've been roaming; anything like this happen before? Can you disable data roaming just to see if 2G signal picks up? If that doesn't work, PM me with your mobile number so I can run some account checks 👍 

@Eoghan has any of this helped?
Posted From Huawei ANE-LX1
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>