Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Call barring problem (Switzerland)

Lookout

Hi there,

I just discovered today that international outgoing calls are barred.  I have tried registering with a different provider in Switzerland but the issue is not resolved. I have also switch the sim  to a different mobile phone and still the same. I have plenty of credit on my account in fact I topped it up again yesterday. It appears I can receive calls BUT I can not receive or send texts and I most definitely can not make phone calls locally or internationally. I do have my roaming activated and I do not seem to have any barred numbers on my phone. I have tried calling different numbers landlines and mobiles in Spain, Ireland and Switzerland and no luck I keep getting the same message "Sorry but this number is temporarily barred try again later". 

I was able to make calls from Switzerland about 3 months ago so not sure what happened. Please can you help I do not want to loose my number and intrinsically all my credit.

Awaiting your response.

J

Re: Call barring problem (Switzerland)

3 Moderator

Hi @megon

Thanks for your post! Firstly, I'd like to welcome you to the 3Community! It's a great place to find handy articles and engage with other members in the forums Smiley Happy

At present, roaming for Prepay customers in Switzerland isn't currently available. Our roaming agreement for Prepay customers recently expired and we're working hard to get a new agreement in place with another Swiss operator. We expect this to be in place in mid-Dec. For the moment, this means that you won't be able to use your Prepay services there. 

Maestro

@megon it's a recent agreement I read on another topic last week so they should have something sorted before Christmas. Might need to buy a SIM over there to use for making calls in the meanwhile. Is your phone dual SIM?

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Lookout

Yes I have a swiss sim  and a dual phone so I will go with your advise thank you. I was just getting worried because I do not want to loose the number as I will be returning back to Ireland at some point and I have used that number for years. I just want to make a phone call or two every couple of months to keep it active. Thanks a million for replying :-)

Lookout

Hi Lisa, Thanks a million for your reply. I surely hope the company can resolved the issue in December  because if I loose my number due to lack of being able to make a call to keep it active I will expect a full refund on my credit  or at the very least a reactivation of my number with the relevant credit allocated to it.  If we think about it it is not my fault the company left prepay users in roaming in Switzerland stranded. There should have been a better management of the contracts and begin to see another operator before it expired.

Anyhow maybe you can forward this complain to someone in there or send me a link where I can log in a formal complain. By the way I'm not annoyed with you just annoyed at the fact I was yesterday with technical support in your chat with someone called Tejas N for over an hour and I was told if I didn't make a call within 6 months I would loose all the credit which knowing now the full background it would not be fair to the customer.

Anyway thanks again for helping me

3 Moderator

I completely appreciate where you're coming from @megon ! Something should be in place by then. We do recommend using your Prepay number once every 6 months and topping up once in the same period to keep the account active. If 6 months go by without usage, then there's a possibility that the system will deactivate the number but this doesn't happen straight away.

If you'd like to submit a complaint, you can do so by filling out this online form here. This goes straight to our Customer First team, who deal specifically with complaints. Alternatively, I'd be more than happy to help you here and take a look at your account to see if this is something you need to be concerned about. For this, I'd need you to just PM me your number, name, address and date of birth.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>