Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Billpay to prepay from abroad

Hi,

I am currently living abroad in the USA - I was on a billpay contract with 3 that I had to keep when I moved and is ending this month.  I would like to switch my account from billpay to prepay as I wish to keep my number and will be returning to Ireland in a year or so.  I was speaking to someone on chat who says this isn't possible as I have to go to a 3 store in Ireland to purchase a different sim to convert my account?  I was wondering why this is the case as I am not switching companies and if it really is true is there no way to get a simcard sent over here?

Thanks

Emma

Highlighted

Re: Billpay to prepay from abroad

[ Edited ]

Well there's def no way to send a Sim by buying it online because they wouldn't have a facility to send something abroad as the network is Rep of Ire. I think your best bet is to have someone in your family or a friend to.send you a prepay Sim and then contact one of the reps here when you have the SIM so they can move your number to prepaid.
I moved from bill to prepaid and I had to get a prepaid sim with a new number and they moved my number to the new sim then. 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.