Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Billpay to prepay from abroad

Hi,

I am currently living abroad in the USA - I was on a billpay contract with 3 that I had to keep when I moved and is ending this month.  I would like to switch my account from billpay to prepay as I wish to keep my number and will be returning to Ireland in a year or so.  I was speaking to someone on chat who says this isn't possible as I have to go to a 3 store in Ireland to purchase a different sim to convert my account?  I was wondering why this is the case as I am not switching companies and if it really is true is there no way to get a simcard sent over here?

Thanks

Emma

Highlighted

Re: Billpay to prepay from abroad

[ Edited ]

Well there's def no way to send a Sim by buying it online because they wouldn't have a facility to send something abroad as the network is Rep of Ire. I think your best bet is to have someone in your family or a friend to.send you a prepay Sim and then contact one of the reps here when you have the SIM so they can move your number to prepaid.
I moved from bill to prepaid and I had to get a prepaid sim with a new number and they moved my number to the new sim then. 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon