Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Account erroneously made inactive

Lookout

Hello, over a week ago I received a text that stated:

From Three: Your Prepay account is about to become inactive. To stay active you'll need to top up, make a call, text or use data with credit from your balance. Optout m.three.ie/mp.

I immediately sent a text that used credit so my account wouldn't be made inactive.Here I am over a week later I am now trying to make a call and it says I have call barring. I cannot send messages anymore either. I can't received messages or calls. Please fix this. I still have credit on my account. I did exactly as the message said and it still made me inactive. 

Chosen Solution
Highlighted

Re: Account erroneously made inactive

Lookout
Thank you @Three_Rachel. The problem is now resolved. Support confirmed my account was active. At which point I checked my sim and realised that the sim was connecting to the Vodafone network who were blocking all activity on the Sim. I went into network setting and manually switched network until I found one that allowed my connection to activate. The sim seems to be working automatically now.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic
Highlighted

3 Community Manager

@Boghsativa Welcome to the 3 Community Here is a Guide to Getting Started and if you've any feedback on your experience you can let me know or fill out the survey Smiley Happy

hmmm a text that was sent and charged should have kept your number from becoming inactive. Do you know if the text definitely sent and if there was credit on your account at the time?

Highlighted

Lookout
There was definitely credit in my account at the time. I cans still log in and see my account credit available.
The text was definitely sent and recieved. At this point I need to know how to reactivate my account. The article on this sent me here.
Highlighted

3 Community Manager

No worries, sure send me a PM with your number, name, address and date of birth so I can look into it for you.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Navigator

xxxx 

hope this is what is required

Highlighted

Lookout
I don't think that is information you should post on a public forum. It's probably better to make your own post about the issue or try sending a pm.
Highlighted

Navigator

i am trying to get trough to three rachel with that info itb should not have gone to you

this is so confusing

Highlighted

Lookout
Thank you @Three_Rachel. The problem is now resolved. Support confirmed my account was active. At which point I checked my sim and realised that the sim was connecting to the Vodafone network who were blocking all activity on the Sim. I went into network setting and manually switched network until I found one that allowed my connection to activate. The sim seems to be working automatically now.
Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.