Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: 4G speed issue

Navigator

Hi Ashlee, how do I PM you. I can't see that option!

@Three_Ashleewrote:

Can you pop me this info in a PM? I can come back to you publicly once I have received this. 

3 Community Manager

@pg12009 to send a PM just click on the "Send me a PM" link in my signature under my reply. If you prefer you can just give me the location here, just don't send the full address.  My colleague edited your address details for your own privacy. You mentioned the speeds are impacted after 7pm, is this every night over the last 10 days? Have you tried moving your router/modem around the house? Have you a mobile phone with us and if so, how is your mobile data? Let me know what type of router you have as well and I can help you to log in to it and change some of the settings to see if it helps. 

[ Edited ]
Navigator

Hi, it's every night for the last week to 10 days. It is actually unusable.
I've had to get a prepay Eir SIM in another router for the evenings.
I have my phone with Three also which although naturally drops in speed in
the evenings still gives me about 3 mbps download.
I am quite savvy with regard to routers and networks etc and have tried all
settings in the huawei b525. Manually selecting 3g and 4g, auto and manual
network selection etc. Nothing helps. 4g never gives me more than about
1.5mbps anyway so I keep the router manually connecting to 3g.
I also have another connection with rural wifi with a Three Sim on a huawei
b315s which is giving the exact same problem so it's obviously a Three
network contention issue.
Anyway if you have some magic fix please do let me know.
My address is KILLYNON Cooke, Cloughan,
Mullingar Co Westmeath ***.
Also the routers are positioned in the best spot to receive the strongest
signal close to a window with the local mast in sight.
Thanks for your help.

3 Community Manager

Thanks for all the info Smiley Happy Would you use the router for a wired connection instead of wireless? If you disable the 2.4ghz signal it leaves you with 5ghz and can improve the speeds but your laptop/tablets/computer may not pick up that signal wirelessly (it should pick it up wired) Obviously this will only help if you only use the router with one piece of equipment after 7pm which may not be the case for you.  I've checked your exact location and 4G is available but can be impacted if indoors. Sticking with 3G will give you the best service where you are so you're right to have that selected. As I was checking your location, I saw that the 3G service is possibly being impacted by a mast in the area. It's not your local mast but it's near enough and fits the time frame you've given. I've requested more information on that mast and your location so when I have that I'll come back to you here. 

3 Community Manager

@pg12009 I've just received the latest update from our tech team and it is as I thought in terms of the knock on effect on your local mast. The good news is that we expect this to be up and running fully within the next 24 to 48 hours so if you can monitor your services over the next two days and then let me know how you get on, we can go from there. 

Navigator
Here's hoping. Thanks for the info.

Navigator

Guys, another evening of unusable internet. Can barely get on this site to post. When will the issue be fixed ( if there really is an issue with a local transmitter and not an oversell of connections in my area)? Coming 2 weeks, unless the parts are coming from China,  the fix should be quicker.

Next step is a conversation with Comreg. I'm really annoyed over this. 200kbps is just ridiculous. 

Please advise with an honest to God solution and not a scripted response!

Thanks

Highlighted

I've just been in touch with our tech team to get an update on this for you. They have advised that the issue is still ongoing and it is mainly 3G being affected and that it is a hardware issue that is causing the delay. They have also advised they do not have a time frame for when it will be back up and running again. 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>