Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

4G speed issue

Lookout

Hi,

I am currently experiencing very poor speeds on 4g. speeds will not go above 0.5Mb. i live in carrigmore clogheen tipperary.

i can see others from the same area are having the same issue from this website.

http://downdetector.ie/problems/3

any info would be great.

Chosen Solution

Re: 4G speed issue

3 Moderator

All Replies To This Topic

3 Moderator

Hi efletcher, 

Are you using your mobile data or mobile broadband? 

Lookout

i use a three sim card in a 4g router. i was getting close to 40Mb with an external antenna over a week ago. 

3 Moderator

Can you take a look at this broadband checklist for me please bit.ly/1TRD3u3 & let me know how you get on. 

Highlighted

Lookout

image.png

adjusted settings as per

• Choose “Registration mode” tab, click on “Manual search and register” option and click on “Refresh” button
  • Select “O2-IRL (2G)(3G)” ,click on “Register” button and click “ok” button
  • At the home screen repeat step 3 to 4, change set the “Mode” to “Automatic”

back in action thank you

3 Moderator

Good stuff, glad to hear it! 

Navigator

HI there,

I'm having serious speed issues for the last 10 days or so. The Internet is actually unusable after about 7pm. Not great now after 6 either.

Speeds down to between 200kbps and 1mb., normal speeds are about 13mbps on 3g. 4g barely works. What's going on. Have Three yet again oversold their product and are unable to provide usable internet. Damned if I'm going to pay another 16 months for a service that I can't use.

It annoys me that my phone is perfectly ok giving speeds of about 3mbps at the moment which is also way down speedier but usable. 

Posted From Samsung SM-T800

3 Moderator

Hi @pg12009, I am so sorry to hear this and I'd like to get this sorted for you now. Can you tell me where you are experiencing this so I can take a look at the area and make sure everything is up and running as it should be? Ashlee 

[ Edited ]
Navigator

Hi Ashlee,
I'm in *********

***Edited post as private info displayed publicly***

3 Moderator

Can you pop me this info in a PM? I can come back to you publicly once I have received this. 

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>